WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Jo, our People Director, is expanding her family, so we’re on a search for a maternity cover to join us in October 2021.
The role is 30 hours a week over 4 days, but there is flexibility about how this worked around some key internal meetings and the time difference with New York.
Working alongside Emma, our Talent Development Director (TDD), you’ll report into the Board and be responsible for all our People activity across both offices. The main focus will be maintaining our unique culture, whilst adapting for a hybrid working environment.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We’re after someone who enjoys working with engaged and self motivated teams and will most likely have chosen to work in a small agency environment. As such, you won’t be afraid to get your hands dirty when required and truly partner the business.
You’ll have a good radar for picking up on subtleties and, when implementing our People Strategy, ensure consistency but recognise the local differences between our two offices.
Other skills you’ll need are:
- exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- excellent organisational and time management skills
- knowledge of employment law and HR best practice
- demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
- confidence directing HR activities and advising people at all levels of the business on all aspects of people management and development
- a professional and commercial approach to HR
- Oh and a sense of humour is always helpful!
- Develop and implement people strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Lead on talent planning and engagement initiatives
- Represent the people function at Leadership Team meetings and Board Meetings
- Agree annual People budget and manage it throughout the year
- Role model our company values and identify opportunities to bring the company values to life
- Contribute and provide updates at Global Team Meetings
- Oversee our Operation team roles and functions, chair monthly Operation team meetings
- Oversee the social team to deliver a schedule of fun and inspirational events
- Assist with the planning of the annual company away day
- Lead our WTF welfare initiative, encouraging input from across the agency
- Help drive and steer our Diversity and Inclusion team
- Coach our Development Managers and the Board
- Manage the appraisal process and Development Manager structure
- Alongside the Talent Development Director (TDD), identify training needs for individuals/groups, and help coordinate activities to bridge knowledge and learning gaps
- Encourage use of Personal Development Allowance (PDA)
- Review and update our Appraisal Process