We’re a global research agency specializing in design research, with offices in London and New York.
We believe design research is different – it requires a combination of design expertise and research experience that generalist research agencies simply canʼt provide. Nowhere else will you find a greater level of global design research knowledge than at The Big Picture. We make design work harder for our clients and have experience across a range of areas including: Pack, NPD, Visual Brand Identity, Innovation, UX and Strategy.
You will have the exciting opportunity to guide design for some of the biggest brands in the world: PepsiCo, Unilever, Lays, Kraft Heinz, Jim Beam, Samsung, Olympics, and large tech companies to name a few!
After 20 years working globally from our offices in London, we opened our first international office in New York in 2013. We’re now in search of a bright and capable Qualitative Associate Director or Research Manager, with a passion for design, to join us.
This is a fantastic role for someone who can lead and get stuck in at every stage of the research process, and who relishes the opportunity to help shape the business, building on the success we’ve had so far.
We’re looking for an expert and insightful qualitative researcher to report into senior leadership. They need to have experience working at every stage of the research process, and be practiced at leading projects — start to finish, from taking the brief from the client, to writing and delivering the final report.
Desired skills we’re looking for:
- A sharp thinker with strong analytical ability; someone comfortable with detail, but able to rise above it to tell a story
- Strong experience running fieldwork—specifically moderating groups, IDIs and online communities
- A skilled communicator with excellent written skills and an engaging and confident presenter
- A proven passion for design, and a visual eye, which they can apply to our clients’ challenges and to the aesthetic of written reports
- A good organizer with excellent attention to detail, an ability to make things run like clockwork
- Experience managing others (you will typically be leading a team of 2-3)
- A history of writing engaging research proposals that convert into new business