We’re a global research agency specializing in design research, with offices in London and New York.
We believe design research is different – it requires a combination of design expertise and research experience that generalist research agencies simply canʼt provide. Nowhere else will you find a greater level of global design research knowledge than at The Big Picture. We make design work harder for our clients and have experience across a range of areas including: Pack, NPD, Visual Brand Identity, Innovation, UX and Strategy.
You will have the exciting opportunity to guide design for some of the biggest brands in the world: PepsiCo, Unilever, Lays, Kraft Heinz, Jim Beam, Samsung, Olympics, and large tech companies to name a few!
After 20 years working globally from our offices in London, we opened our first international office in New York in 2013. We’re now in search of a bright and capable Senior Research Executive, with a passion for design, to join us.
This is a fantastic role for someone who can lead and get stuck in at every stage of the research process, and who relishes the opportunity to help shape the business, building on the success we’ve had so far.
Purpose of the job
We’re looking for an expert and insightful qualitative researcher. You will already be established in a research agency, with experience of working and actively contributing at every stage of a research project, including writing proposals. You should be skilled at overseeing the day-to-day running of a project, as well as liaising with clients and suppliers.
Key tasks / responsibilities
- Coordinating the entire project lifecycle, from initial client contact through to final debrief
- Key support to project lead, running the project on a day to day basis
- Delegating to Trainee Execs where appropriate
- Oversee the day to day running of a project and ensuring high standards of work
- Attend/moderate fieldwork sessions for qual projects
- Provide thorough and thoughtful analysis
- Draft conclusions and make actionable recommendations
- Create insightful and engaging output
- Present some/all of final debrief
- Manage Research Executives and Trainees, helping to develop and nurture their design research skills
- Share best practice with colleagues and Global Team Meetings