A bit about us…
We are specialists in design insight with offices in London and New York. Our approach is based on the principles of Design Thinking – a human-centred ethos that guides creative development. It means our insight seamlessly integrates into the creative process to inspire, guide and hone design.
We have a strong focus on FMCG, and our blue chip clients include Unilever, GSK, Reckitt Benckiser, PepsiCo and General Mills.
While we’ve built our reputation on qualitative research, we now also have a strong quantitative offer to ensure we are able to research design from its very conception through to launch. As such, we use an extensive range of exciting methods and approaches.
The Trainee Research Executive role…
Our London team has a fantastic opportunity for someone at the beginning of their research career to join the team. Our design research specialism will give you the chance to use your passion for design in creative ways to benefit brand development across a variety of categories and brands.
This role is extremely varied, and no two days are ever the same. The work is fun, challenging and rewarding at the same time. You’ll be supporting our team in solving design challenges for some of the biggest brands in the world, using a wide range of research methodologies. We believe you learn best by doing, so you’ll have exposure to every stage of the project lifecycle. You’ll also have your own dedicated Development Manager supporting your personal growth.
Who we’re looking for…
- A candidate looking to start (or continue) their career in research (mainly qualitative, but some exposure to quantitative too)
- A proven passion for design, and a visual eye, which you can apply to our clients’ challenges
- A genuine interest in consumers, their relationship with brands, and the role design plays in that
- An enthusiasm to get stuck in, and gain exposure at every stage of the research process. An inquisitive mind, and a desire to get hands-on, learning ‘on the job’
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail, enabling you to deliver an outstanding level of support to the project teams you work in. This is a varied role, with lots of moving parts so it’s going to require top-notch project and time management skills
- A switched-on team player who also has the ability to work independently when required. A dependable character, with superb follow-through, who thrives on collaborating with colleagues, clients and partners
- Exceptional communication skills – proficient in communicating (both verbally and in writing) with clarity and confidence
- A strong work ethic – someone who sets high goals for themselves, and responds well to goals set by others
- An optimistic and upbeat attitude – someone who will actively contribute to a positive company culture and office vibe
- Advanced knowledge of standard software packages (including Word and Keynote, ideally)